Here are some of the most interesting facts about
the cruise ship Oasis of the Seas. This is the largest cruise
ship of the world and it will be interesting for you to know these
• The cruise ship Oasis of the Seas was christened
by 7 famous ladies, each for one of the neighborhoods on board.
The godmothers are Michelle Kwan, Gloria Estefan, Dara Torres,
Shawn Johnson, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Jane Seymour and Daisy Fuentes.
• Oasis of the Seas has 7 different neighborhoods
with names "Royal Promenade", "Boardwalk", "Central Park", "Vitality
at Sea Spa and Fitness Center", "Entertainment Place", "Pool and
Sports Zone" and "Youth Zone".
• Oasis of the Seas started her maiden voyage
on 1st December 2009 and continues 4 days. On the launching ceremony
the special guest on board was the pop singer Rhianna and visited
the ports Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
• Oasis of the Seas has 24 places for dinner,
including restaurants and fast food bars
• The cruise ship Oasis of the Seas has 42
elevators. One of them is redesigned into bar, which is traveling
around 3 decks and having amazing ocean-view.
• All six Wartsila main engines of the cruise
ship Oasis of the Seas are having heavy fuel consumption of 2,400
gallons per hour.
• The cruise ship is having capacity for 5,400
passengers, but on maximum value the passengers can be increased
to 6,292. The crew members on board are 2,165 persons.
• The most luxury staterooms are two-storey,
situated on the top decks and having 150 square meters living
area and own balconies with amazing ocean-view.